Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fraser

Today I finished my second day helping out at Fraser, a school for children with special needs. Even though I don't get paid for this, it is an amazing opportunity. Since I someday want to develop my own method of alternative communication for non vocal children, I couldn't ask for more than to placed in a classroom where children are using AACs. I work with twelve three to four year olds who don't use vocal communication, either because of a developmental delay, or by choice. I love working with these kids. It is my favorite part of the day, outranking sleeping in. Though I usually use my Blog to vent, life is good. Writing about all the little small things that I experience everyday that make me happy doesn't make for interesting blog material, but my work here is something I'll be writing a lot more about. This really makes me realize I chose the right path of study. I never knew how attached I could become to these kids or how rewarding it is to just hear them say one word.

1 comment:

milhousesgirl said...

No one has anything positive to say.......