Sunday, February 25, 2007

Exercise - Day Two

I peeled my butt off of the exercise bike for the second day. Today was much easier then yesterday. There is a dramatic change in energy levels. Yesterday I could bounce around everywhere after working out. Last night Jeannette and I didn't sleep well, but I woke up refreshed anyway, and Jeannette was groggy. Jeannette is actually in her target weight, just at the higher end. So, for her to lose weight, she can only have like 1400 calories a day. I don't think she'd have to change her diet much, just work out once a day, and she'd be fine. I, on the other hand, have much more to lose then she does. Last night was hard for her. We went to the Lotus in Uptown for dinner, and she wanted cream cheese wontons. I said it was up to her, and she was going to get them. I suggested the veggie spring rolls, and she thought they were gross because they were so bland. The trick is to get over your craving, and just eat something else. Then you're full, and won't have a craving for anything. She was fine afterwards, it's just getting over that initial craving that is tough. Believe me, I'd love to have wontons too, but it's just not worth it. We're also working on eating breakfast each day. Jeannette had a Myoplex shake, and I had a bowl of cereal. I measured the servings this time, and wow, a serving of cereal is so small, 3/4 of a cup. No more heaping bowls for me. We'll see how this whole tings goes, how long it lasts. I think we'll be ok, if we just think before we eat something. Is this something I should have? Is there something better? I think I'll be hitting up subway a lot for lunches. Maybe I'll be the next Jared.

1 comment:

Megan Schommer said...

Poor student trick number 2: buy a small amount of expensive food (co-op style). Then when you look at that cheese or those macaroons you first think "Mmm, snacky" and start eating, and then think "Oh geez, I just ate $6! I should stop."

Or something like that.